Age & Sun
in Palm Beach Gardens
Age & Sun Spot Removal
Age spots and brown spots (also known as sun spots, liver spots, and solar lentigines) are a consequence of aging and sun exposure. These spots can appear on the face and almost anywhere on the body. IPL Photofacial Laser therapy is the most effective treatment for eliminating these spots and other skin pigmentation issues. When treating Sun/Age Spots with laser, results can be seen with just one treatment. In some cases, re-treatment may not be necessary; however, depending on the size of the target area and the skin conditions being treated, three (3) to five (5) treatments may be recommended, spaced four (4) weeks apart, to achieve excellent results.
Are you interested in learning more about Brown Spot treatments at La Vie Spa? We would love to speak with you. Please fill out the form on this page to request a consultation.
As a skin Photo Rejuvenation procedure, the IPL Photofacial is an excellent 30-minute laser treatment for individuals looking to improve and maintain the appearance of their skin. It’s beneficial to correct hyperpigmentation, sun damage, brown spots, melasma, acne, and rosacea, among other things.
Photofacials also stimulate your skin’s natural collagen and elastin production and minimize fine lines and wrinkles.
The IPL photofacial service can treat the areas of the face, hands, chest, arms, and legs.
We know your first Laser appointment can be intimidating. We are here to ensure your procedure goes as smoothly as possible, and at La Vie Spa, no questions are off-limits.
HOW MANY PHOTOFACIAL TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
When treating Sun/Age Spots, Melasma, Acne, or Broken Capillaries with laser, results can be typically seen with just one treatment. In some cases, re-treatment may not be necessary; however, depending on the size of the target area and the skin conditions being treated, three (3) to five (5) treatments may be recommended, spaced four (4) weeks apart, to achieve excellent results.
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR MY PHOTOFACIAL TREATMENT?
* Avoid using Retin-A or Retinol 5-7 days before treatment.
* If taking photo-sensitizing medication such as antibiotics, you must wait ten (10) days from the day of your last dosage to receive treatment.
* Avoid sun exposure for 10-14 days pre/post-treatment.
* Botox and Fillers: You may begin laser procedures one (1) month post injections to avoid the risk of the injectible budging.
* Laser treatment must wait until three (3) to six (6) months after your last dose if you are on Accutane or any other Acne medication. These medications make you hyper-photosensitive and can increase the chances of scarring and laser burns.
* Come to your appointment with a clean face. Remove all makeup if the area to be treated is the face. To avoid skin irritation or possible burns, the area to be treated must be clean, dry, and free of any oils, lotions, creams, or makeup.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AFTER MY PHOTOFACIAL TREATMENT?
* Post-treatment, the skin will be warm and pink/red. The targeted spots on the face will darken up and fall away within 5 to 7 days. Treated Spots on other areas of the body may take a little longer.
* Since a Laser Photofacial is an investment, ensure you receive optimal results by following pre & post-laser instructions provided by your Laser Hair Removal Specialist during your in-office consultation.